We don’t need to enumerate every single thing wrong with this banner. There’s plenty to mine just stating the obvious:
- It’s rendered at about 2dpi
- It’d be butt-ugly at any resolution
- The border around the photo doesn’t look right
- The photo itself doesn’t look right, period—has Debra Winger come to this?
- Too many typefaces and weights
- “The card for people who weren’t born yesterday.”—because you don’t want to do business with people who extend revolving credit lines to tiny babies
- Finally, while I understand the company’s reluctance to have their name associated with their own advertising given all of the above, I do think including the name of the product is not too much to ask